MB-Lab 1.7.4b Shader fix

So I messed up this release as usual. 1.7.4 has shader bugs because I failed to test ALL parameters.

During construction of the skin shader I never accounted for the SSS altering the skin complexion the way that it does. Essentially what it did was make the skin complexion not work. So I made a quick fix, which just duplicates the skin complexion math function just for the SSS map. The map itself was reduced in scale, from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, simply because details were not needed for an effect that is technically under the skin.

In the process of testing out the shader I also made another mistake that I have yet to figure out. This issue is that the glossy sheen is accidentally controlled by the SSS value in the skin editor. This is because of how I have the nodes connected but I don't know what to do to fix this just yet. This is something that needs to be corrected for the next version, don't want to do it right now.

There will be a new shader made for the tongue, this was an oversight that has gone on since the original versions. Basically the skin shader and the tongue are the same shader so if you change complexion for the skin this also changes the color of the tongue. Not at all realistic. So that will be changed in the next version of MB-Lab.

Currently working on the iris again because I am not happy with it. Procedural work is not easy.

Hopefully next time the next version will be tested a bit more before release, I have got to remember to test these things first!

Comments